Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Olaf the other reindeer

Well internet world, do you want to know what I love most about being in a classroom with 2 doors?!?! Decorating both of those doors for Christmas of course. The first door (and the one that is most frequently used), was decorated with a chain link Christmas tree. That left me to ponder what to do with the other door...

I will admit, I was not feeling the energy to spend hours prepping my door last year like I did for this door (which has become some what of a Pinterest sensation with well over 1500 pins the last time I checked). After perusing Pinterest and not finding much, I was feeling a little punny. I realized that reusing Olaf was going to be my best bet to save on time. And so, another reindeer for Santa was born!

In case you can't read it, the pun on my door reads, "Olaf the other reindeer."

Making this little guy was quite simple. I had saved Olaf from last year, so all I needed to do was create antlers and a new nose with a red pompom glued to it, cut out some new snowflakes and snowballs using our die-cut machine and put it all together. 

Not surprisingly, my students did not quite get the pun, but my co-workers and I got it and the students were just happy that Olaf came back. 

Even though this was not necessarily Pinspired, I would say this classroom door decor was definitely a pinspired treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment